Monday, April 16

CSD - Day 1

"Health & Happiness are my birthrights
and I accept with gratitude."

Day 1 was fun & doable even with a busy day at work. My favorite part was coming home to my kitchen to prep for tomorrow - in complete silence.
Here is what I ate:
WATER
Peppermint Tea
Green Juice!
Kale Salad with Tomatoes, Avocado, Broccoli, Olive Oil & Meyer Lemon
(I forgot flax seed & my everyday seasoning)
Spicy Jalapeno Hummus & Gluten-free whole grain chips & Carrotstick
(I didn't really plan my dinner very well today and ran out of time to eat)

Here are a couple of things I will be keeping in mind:
* Finish exercise & eating for the day 3 hours before bed (my exercise tonight was DEEP CLEANING my bathroom including the shower curtains & rugs)
* Drink half your body weight in ounces of Water
* Get 8 hours of sleep every night
* Don't forget the neti pot & multivitamin each morning
...and last but not least...
* Graciously stay away from unsupportive people
(Unfortunately, they do exist and - since this is my space to reflect - they are really getting on my nerves! If you are reading here, you are probably one of my supportive friends. Thank you! If you disagree with me or are annoyed by this, keep it to yourself or feel free to ask questions. I want to share.)

Tonight I did much better at planning for tomorrow. I made nori rolls for the first time, and they are sure to become a staple - fast (if rice is prepared), inexpensive, delicious! One is pretty basic, but then I added fennel and then I added dates!


I'll dip these lovelies in Bragg's Amino Acids & will probably sprinkle some flax seed on top in the morning. I've got two servings, so I might do them for dinner too?

The Crazy Sexy Cleanse has pep talks for every part of the day:
Focus/Prayer/Affirmation (I ponder this while juicing)
Breakfast/Lunch/Snack/Dinner
And extra little tips about dessert, exercise, and substitutes if you're having a hard time doing everything at once.
I'm excited to see what I'll be motivated toward tomorrow.

Now for my 8 hours of sleep. Sweet Dreams.

1 comment:

  1. Nori rolls sound delicious! I hope I'm being a supportive friend. I respect you because it's a lot of work and energy to change your diet so drastically, and incorporate new things into your everyday life.

    ReplyDelete